This software creates mazes of different sizes and configurable appearance. It is designed for teachers and makers. It can save the output as printable sheets or bitmap images.
- This software is provided free to use for all commercial / non-commercial / educational, puzzle publication purposes.
- The code is licensed under the MIT licence
- see https://github.com/busyDuckman/MazeMaker
[how to show appreciation]
- I super appreciate getting some credit for the work, especially if you are printing a book of puzzles. Something like “puzzles created using Maze Maker software, by Dr Warren Creemers”.
- If you make something cool with it, I would love to see a photo/link.
- If you make a kids book or something like that, I’d really get a kick out of getting a free copy. Gestures like that make my day 🙂
Examples of different types of output
Can it do large mazes, like really large mazes?… YES.
Install from the latest release on github
- Download zip file.
- Unzip file
- run setup.exe
First created: 2016-9-29
First published to github: 2019-09-13
- Beta software (minor bugs to iron out, but quite usable)
- Smooth edges when wall width is set to 1 are buggy.
- Even line widths produce a better output.
What is done:
- Generates a valid maze.
- Appearance is configurable.
- Maze size is configurable.
- Printing is enabled (adjust blockSize to alter print output size)
- Zooming in, moving etc (few minor bugs still).
- Support for DPI / block size.
- Bug fixes
- Support for graphical inserts
- Ascii output
- Will probably combine this with other software I have written to create a puzzle creation suite.
I have tentatively started working (April 2019) on a online version of this software, to be open sourced.
Contact / Feedback
Please leave feedback and bug reports via: https://github.com/busyDuckman/MazeMaker/issues